Recently I had an interaction which illustrates what God’s love really looks like and enables me to explain this deep love to those who have never experienced it before.
“But what does it look like?” That’s what he said to me after I tried to explain to him the love-based solution to his specific problem. I then tried again to explain God’s love from a different angle, but still got the same reply, “But what does love look like?” Frustrated, I then shared from a completely different point of view what I believed love looked like; only to get the same response, “But what does it look like? I don’t know what it looks like.”
Finally, it clicked in my mind of what he was trying to say. He wasn’t saying that he wanted me to explain with my words of what I...
Have you ever cried out, "God help me!" Remember God knows all the troubles and problems that you face. His promises cover the entire range of our needs, troubles, and problems. He wants us to lay hold on these promises for help in every time of need. I don't know your problems, troubles, difficulties, and needs. But this I do know. You have a hundred percent coverage in God's promises as recorded in the Bible. They extend the needed help for every conceivable difficulty. They help when the outlook appears utterly hopeless.
These promises are as essential for Christian living, as food and drink are for physical life. Very few realize this. If believers understood this, they would appreciate them in every day living.
Think about these four possibilities that the...
Steps to Become a Christian
If we are to be saved and have a place in God’s kingdom, we must accept God’s way of salvation. Remember, all the help we shall ever get will be from above, not from this earth. Salvation is from God. Do you want to be a Christian? Would you like to be a Christian, but do not know how to begin? Well, this radio broadcast is especially for you. The steps to Christ are few and plain and easy to understand, and we shall just turn to God’s Guidebook now for our information. What must one who would come to God do first of all? The answer is found in Hebrews 11:6: “Without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to Him must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who earnestly seek Him.”
In order to keep strong in our Christian life, there are three essentials. Just as in our physical life we must breathe, eat, and exercise, so in the spiritual life we must observe these three essentials to success and happiness. The Christian life is a growth, and we must not expect too great results at first, but, if we follow these three essentials to Christian life and growth, we shall have happiness and joy in Christ's service here on earth.
We Grow by Eating
1) First, we must eat. What is the food for spiritual life? “The words I have spoken to you are spirit and they are life.” (John 6:63) “When Your words came, I ate them: they were my joy and my heart’s delight.” (Jeremiah 15:16) Daily reading and studying of the Bible are necessary to...
A part of the answer to Jesus' death lies in the fact that a just and perfect God could not simply sweep sin under the carpet and go on running a perfect universe. God must deal with the injustice of sin. Suppose a criminal should come before a judge and that judge would simply excuse a crime of murder, rape, or theft simply because the judge loved the criminal. What would society think of such a judge?
The Bible says: "Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right" (Genesis 19:25). Selfishness has a natural consequence that eventually results in death to the innocent (Rom. 6:23). Jesus, the Judge, assumed the consequence of sin on the part of man, rather than inflict death upon the sinner. That consequence was death.
How does Jesus' death save us?...
This is a very vast field. Perhaps we can zero in on 7 facts or steps that might be beneficial to you:
1. Recognize that God loves you with an immense love and desires to save you. 2 Peter 3:9; 1 Peter 2:3-5.
2. Acknowledge that you are a sinner, lost without Jesus Christ. Jeremiah 17:9; Roman 3:23; 6:23.
3. Accept that salvation is a gift offered freely through Jesus. It is not something to be "earned" by righteous deeds or good works. Ephesians 2:8; Romans. 3:24-27.
4. Repent of any known sins, confessing them to Jesus. Acts 3:19; 1 John 1:9.
5. Believe that God for Christ's sake has forgiven you. As you surrender your life to Jesus, you are forgiven and accepted. The gift of eternal life is yours by faith. Ephesians 1:4-7; 1 John 5:11-13....