This is a very vast field. Perhaps we can zero in on 7 facts or steps that might be beneficial to you:
1. Recognize that God loves you with an immense love and desires to save you. 2 Peter 3:9; 1 Peter 2:3-5.
2. Acknowledge that you are a sinner, lost without Jesus Christ. Jeremiah 17:9; Roman 3:23; 6:23.
3. Accept that salvation is a gift offered freely through Jesus. It is not something to be "earned" by righteous deeds or good works. Ephesians 2:8; Romans. 3:24-27.
4. Repent of any known sins, confessing them to Jesus. Acts 3:19; 1 John 1:9.
5. Believe that God for Christ's sake has forgiven you. As you surrender your life to Jesus, you are forgiven and accepted. The gift of eternal life is yours by faith. Ephesians 1:4-7; 1 John 5:11-13.
6. Through Christ, we are adopted as God's sons and daugthers, and delievered from being slaves of sin. By the Holy Spirit we are born again, and Christ begins to work miraculous changes in your life; the Spirit renews our mind, writes God's law of love in our hearts, and gives the power to live a holy life. John 1:12; 2 Corinthians. 5:17, John 3:3-8, Romans 12:2, Hebrews 8:7-1, Ezekiel 36:25-27
7. Our loving Savior has pledged to guide us from earth to heaven. You may fall, but remember He is there to pick you up and get you started on the road to heaven again.